What to Expect
Your child will check in and out during the same day. Because of this, you will care for your child in the same way you do at home. You will NOT have a nurse assigned to care for your child and must bring/administer all medications and supplies from home. A qualified EEG technologist will place the electrodes and monitor your child’s EEG recording.
Parent/Caregiver must bring all daily medications. This includes Tylenol or Advil. For your child’s safety, it is a requirement for you to bring rescue medication such as Diastat or Intranasal Versed. If your child has convulsive seizures, not having rescue medications with you for the study will necessitate rescheduling the study.
Medication will be administrated by parent/caregiver on usual home schedule, and medication administration charges will not apply.
Sleep Deprivation Instructions
Please attempt to sleep deprive your child. For example, delay bedtime by 2-3 hours and wake your child earlier than usual in the morning.
COVID-19 testing is not required for an in-house outpatient study; however, your child and the parent coming with child must not have any of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Fever or chills (subjective or 100+ temp)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- New or complete loss of smell or taste
- Sore throat
- Vomiting or diarrhea without a known cause
- Please plan on leaving the hospital by the end of the 4 hours.
- Final test results will be forwarded to the referring physician who in turn will provide results directly to you.
- Please allow 5 business days for your physician to receive a final report of the diagnostic test.