What is Telemedicine/Telehealth?
Telemedicine enables health care professionals, like doctors and nurses, to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients at a distance using secure video and audio.
Examples of how telemedicine can be used:
- Management of chronic conditions
- Specialist consultation
- Follow-up visits after a hospitalization or emergency department visit
Using a variety of telecommunication technologies, including real-time video conferencing, the Lurie Children’s Care Connect programs can provide accessible, high-quality healthcare for every child, regardless of where they are located.
Depending on the type of visit, the use of the software and equipment could look very different.
- Live video connection to one of our providers using a tablet from home
- Live video connection between your community’s emergency department to a Lurie Children’s Pediatric Emergency Specialist
- Entering a child’s daily weight on a tablet app to send to his/her cardiologist to monitor a serious heart condition
Founded in 2014 through significant investment by Lurie Children’s, Care Connect has established relationships with hospitals around the state and across the globe to improve clinical infrastructure and provide specialty care to patients across the care continuum.
Through our programs, we aim to:
- Improve access to pediatric subspecialist care
- Minimize preventable inter-facility transfers
- Optimize medical care including diagnosis and treatment
- Enhance patient and family experience across the care continuum
- Promote patient safety & clinical excellence in services provided
Click on any of the following to learn more about what we do:
- Emergency Care Connect
- HeArT (High Acuity Transition) Program
- Single Ventricle Program
- International Patient Services
- Medical Imaging
- Family Care Connect
- Baby Care Connect
- Follow-up & Chronic Care Management
For more information on telemedicine and its role in pediatrics, please visit the following websites:
If you wish to speak with a member of our telemedicine team, please contact us at email@example.com