Specialties & ConditionsTelemedicine Our Programs
Lurie Children’s uses telemedicine across the care continuum, from the hospital’s intensive care unit to the home setting. We can connect patients to the care they need, when they need it.
Care Connect works to extend the expertise of pediatric specialists, expand care for children in local communities, minimize preventable transfers, optimize disposition decisions, improve patient handoffs, reinforce and support the patient-centered medical home, create cost savings to healthcare system, and conduct meaningful research.
Our programs include:
- Emergency Care Connect provides 24/7 virtual support for emergency departments in community and critical access hospitals across Illinois when caring for acutely ill and injured children.
- Specialty Care Connect offers on-demand subspecialty consultations in areas such as Neurocritical Care and Infectious Disease.
- Single Ventricle Program and the HeArT (High Acuity Transition) provide intense outpatient monitoring for cardiac patients who are at the greatest risk of heart failure, growth problems, and neurodevelopmental impairments.
- Allergy & Immunology can evaluate concerns such as asthma/breathing issues, environmental allergies, food allergies, medication reactions, and skin problems such as eczema or hives, and provide you with a care plan customized for your child.
- International Patient Services Program provides consultations to providers requesting assistance with difficult and complex diagnoses. We also offer consultations to patients seeking a second opinion from outside of the United States or as follow-up care for those returning to their home country after a Lurie Children’s hospital stay.
- Medical Imaging Programs support the digital transfer of medical images and diagnostic studies like x-rays and echocardiograms for review by pediatric specialists.
Several programs are designed to improve the patient and family experience including:
- Family Care Connect empowers parents and guardians to participate in medical rounds and care conferences from a distance.
- Baby Care Connect helps recovering mother who are hospitalized separately from their newborns to connect with their babies following delivery.