The following helpful resources for childhood cancer survivors are available online.
- Get Empowered: video education series for adult survivors of childhood cancer
- American Cancer Society: health organization and largest non-governmental funder of cancer research and discovery
- Cancer Care: provides free support services to anyone affected by cancer
- Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation: provides information, awareness, advocacy and research for childhood cancer patients and families
- Childhood Cancer Survivor Study (CCSS): The CCSS is a component of the Long Term Follow Up Study, and is a collaborative, multi-institutional study funded by a grant from the National Cancer Institute (U24 CA55727) of the National Institutes of Health and funds from ALSAC, St. Jude fundraising organization.
- Children’s Oncology Group: long-term follow-up guidelines for survivors of childhood, adolescent and young adult cancers
- Children’s Oncology Services, Inc. (COSI): provides camp opportunities for childhood cancer patients
- Critical Mass: a young adult cancer alliance of non-profits, medical institutions, patient advocacy groups, government agencies, clinicians, researchers and dedicated individuals uniting to improve the lives of adolescents and young adults (AYAs) with cancer
- Cure Search: unites the Children’s Oncology Group and the National Childhood Cancer Foundation to fund research
- Fertile Hope: provides reproductive information, support and hope to cancer patients and survivors whose medical treatments present the risk for infertility
- Gilda’s Club: provides a support community for people living with cancer, as well as their family and friend
- Leukemia Research Foundation: organization dedicated to conquering all blood cancers by funding research into their causes and cures, and enriching the quality of life of those touched by these diseases.
- Livestrong Foundation: unites people to fight cancer and support prevention, access to screening and care, and improvement of the quality of life for cancer survivors
- & Lymphoma Society" href="http://www.lls.org/" target="_blank">Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient services
- National Cancer Institute: conducts and supports research, training, health information dissemination and programs related to cancer diagnosis and treatment
- National Children’s Cancer Society: provides support, information and education to those impacted by childhood cancer
- National Osteoporosis Foundation: provides information regarding the importance of bone health
- Oncofertility Consortium: national initiative exploring the reproductive future of cancer survivors
- Planet Cancer: an online community of young adults with cancer
- Sam Fund: assists young adult survivors by providing financial support through the distribution of grants and scholarships
- True North Treks: supports young adult cancer survivors by taking them on short-term treks in nature
Stem Cell Transplant Resources
Local Survivors Giving Back with Their Own Foundations