Spina Bifida Resources
The following is our physician-recommended information for teens and young adults with spina bifida.
Spina Bifida Center General Information
- Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health: 312.427.4460
- Common Spina Bifida Terms: English | Spanish
- Spina Bifida Emergency Card: Download the card.
- This emergency wallet card is specifically designed for use by patients with myelomeningocele who have a CSF shunt (also known as a VP, Ventriculo – peritoneal, Ventriculo – atrial, or Ventriculo – pleural shunt). The card is free to distribute, reprint and use as you would like.
- Patients, family, friends or healthcare professionals who have experience with the wallet card are invited to complete the optional, anonymous survey. Survey results will be used to improve future versions of the wallet card as well as to better understand user demographics for possible use in peer reviewed medical publications. The survey should take less than five minutes to complete. Complete the survey.