Lurie Children's Sound Experience is a social experience for families of children with hearing loss. We offer Sound Experience four Saturday afternoons throughout the school year at our Outpatient Center in Westchester.
The program aims to provide:
- A network of parents of children with hearing loss who are going through or have gone through similar situations and to share experiences and information
- Information for families about hearing loss and how it affects our children
- An opportunity for children with hearing loss to meet other children with hearing loss
What to Expect at Sound Experience
- Parents informally share information and stories before the formal breakout sessions
- Children and siblings of all ages are entertained with a dedicated staff of volunteers
- Parents meet in an adjoining room to discuss the meeting’s topic
How to Get Involved
To learn more about Sound Experience, ask your audiologist or contact Cara Donahue at 312.227.3061 or email@example.com.