Tiny Cargo, Big Deal!
Tiny Cargo, Big Deal! An ED-Based Study of Child Passenger Safety Behaviors is a randomized controlled trial sponsored by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
This study will test and compare two different ways to educate caregivers on child safety in and around cars. About 900 caregivers be enrolled in this study during or after their child’s emergency or urgent care visit to Lurie Children’s Hospital, Immediate Care Lincoln Park, Immediate Care Northbrook, or Central Dupage Hospital. This study will help us understand how best to give caregivers education on the topic of child passenger safety.
Caregivers Needed for Research Study on Car Seat Safety
Was your child 6 months to 10 years of age and seen in the Emergency Department at Lurie Children's Hospital, Lurie Children’s Immediate Care locations in Lincoln Park and Northbrook, or Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital’s Emergency Department in the past 6 months?
You may be eligible to take part in a study on child passenger safety!
Eligible caregivers are:
- At least 18 years old AND
- The parent/legal guardian of the child seeking care in the ED or Immediate Care AND
- English or Spanish speakers
- Taking part in the study will help researchers determine the best education to provide to parents on car seat safety
- Completing a brief 5-minute survey on your personal device
- Based on your responses, you may be eligible to move on and complete more surveys and earn up to $155 over 12 months
Please contact us via email at TCBDstudy@luriechildrens.org
Complete Our Survey
Click here to access the survey to see if you are eligible for the study.
This study is Lurie Children's IRB #2020-3274
Tiny Cargo, Big Deal! An ED-Based Study of Child Passenger Safety Behaviors, Michelle Macy, MD.