Neuroimaging at Lurie Children’s offers state-of-the-art neuroimaging including computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and advanced neuroimaging techniques such functional MRI (fMRI). Tailored neuroimaging evaluations are performed that allow for accurate diagnosis to be achieved while remaining attentive to the need for anesthesia, contrast administration, and radiation when necessary.
- Susan Palasis, MD | Division Chief, Pediatric Neuroimaging
- Jessie Aw-Zoretic, MD | Attending Pediatric Neuroradiologist
- Corey Bregman, MD | Attending Pediatric Neuroradiologist
- Judy Gadde, DO | Attending Pediatric Neuroradiologist
- Alok Jaju, MD | Attending Pediatric Neuroradiologist
- Sarah Moum, MD | Attending Pediatric Neuroradiologist
- Maura Ryan, MD | Attending Pediatric Neuroradiologist
- Ali Shaibani, MD | Attending Pediatric Neurointerventional Radiologist
- Donald R. Cantrell, MD | Attending Pediatric Neurointerventional Radiologist
Neurologic Conditions Diagnosed and Treated
Our team of sub-specialized pediatric neuroradiologists work closely with other neuroscience experts in our institution. A team-based approach to diagnosis and management is used to support the efforts of the Comprehensive Pediatric Epilepsy and Epilepsy Surgery Program, Lurie Children’s Brain Tumor Center, and the Neurovascular Disease and Stroke Program amongst other programs focused on the treatment of pediatric neurologic disease. The 3D Lab at Lurie Children’s provides post-processing of advanced neuroimaging studies that help guide neurointerventions and treatment strategies. The neuroimaging team can also provide second opinions for imaging performed outside of Lurie Children’s.
What to Expect
Depending on the type of neuroimaging study that will be performed, the child and the family will be informed about the procedure and what appropriate preparation may be necessary in advance. The child will be assessed to determine if neuroimaging examinations can be performed without anesthesia. If sedation or anesthesia is needed, our team of specialized pediatric anesthesiologists and sedation doctors assure that the examinations are performed safely. The neuroimaging studies are interpreted by our team of pediatric neuroradiologists and the results are communicated to the health care providers that referred you for your child’s examination.
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- 4 MR scanners, 2 CT scanners, and 1 PET CT scanner
Outpatient Center in Northbrook
Outpatient Center in Lincoln Park
Outpatient Center in Westchester
Schedule an Appointment or Contact Us
To schedule an appointment, please call 312.227.4277.
For questions or concerns, please call 312.227.4500.
You can also make and manage appointments, pay your bill online, and more through MyChart.