The pediatric interventional radiology division at Lurie Children’s performs a full range of therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. Interventional radiologists use imaging guidance to perform minimally invasive procedures, which may result in less pain and allow for quicker recovery times for our patients.
Lurie Children’s interventional radiology has three state-of-the-art procedure suites, and our team performs more than 4,000 minimally invasive, image-guided procedures annually. Your child will be treated by sub-specialty trained pediatric interventional radiologists specialized in treating infants and children of all ages.
Meet Our Patients
Procedures We Perform
- Abscess drainage
- Aneurysm coiling
- Aneurysmal bone cyst (ABC) sclerosis or ablation
- Arteriovenous malformation embolization
- Biliary intervention
- Botox injections
- Chest Port placement
- Chest tube placement
- Dialysis catheter placement
- Dialysis Fistula or Graft intervention
- Epidural blood patch
- Esophageal dilation
- Gastrojejunostomy (GJ) placement
- Joint injections
- Lumbar puncture
- Lymphangiogram and thoracic duct embolization
- Lymphatic malformation sclerotherapy
- Microwave ablation
- Nephrostomy placement
- Osteoid Osteoma ablation
- Peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) placement
- Spine tumor ablation and embolization
- Thrombectomy and thrombolysis
- TIPS (Tranjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt)
- Transjugular liver biopsy
- Unicameral bone cyst (UBC) sclerosis and bone grafting
- Varicose vein ablation
- Venous malformation sclerotherapy
The interventional radiology team at Lurie Children's is made up of doctors, advanced practice providers, nurses and technologists, all sub-specialized in pediatric interventional radiology.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with one of our interventional radiology specialists, call 312.227.5110 or email IR@luriechildrens.org.
Learn about our Culture of Care for information about your upcoming visit and the services we offer, including:
Billing & Financial Assistance Information
Visit this page to learn more about billing and financial assistance.
Vascular Lesion Center
The Vascular Lesion Center (VLC) at Lurie Children’s is focused on providing comprehensive care for infants, children and adolescents with vascular lesions
Neurointerventional Radiology focuses on diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for brain, spine, and head and neck abnormalities.
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
225 E. Chicago Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Conditions We Treat
Call or email to make an appointment with one of our interventional radiology specialists.