At Lurie Children’s, patients needing surgery are in the most qualified hands with the Heart Center's renowned cardiovascular-thoracic surgery team.
The surgical team collaborates closely with pediatric cardiologists in all our programs. Advanced care for infants, children and teens includes specialization in procedures such as:
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Fontan conversion and arrhythmia surgery for complex single-ventricle patients
- Reoperations for adolescents and adults with congenital heart disease
- Arrhythmia surgery in combination with surgery for a congenital heart defect
- Congenital complete tracheal rings/stenosis and associated pulmonary artery sling malformation
- Coronary artery anomalies, including anomalies of coronary origin, and acquired diseases such as Kawasaki disease
Our cardiovascular-thoracic surgeons are faculty in the Division of Cardiac Surgery at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
Select the names of our cardiovascular-thoracic surgery specialists to learn more about their special interest areas and locations. Please note, not all of our specialists are available at every location.