Cochlear Implant Video Submission
We love to get updates from our cochlear implant patients and their families. Your stories not only inspire us, but help to educate other kids and families who haven’t received cochlear implants and want to learn more about the experience. That’s why we’re inviting you to use your creativity and passion to create a short video about an aspect of your cochlear implant journey that you wish to share with others. Once submitted, our team will watch your videos and select a few to feature on our website.
Sample questions and themes (Select one):
- Talk about one way that your life, or your family’s life, has changed or improved with cochlear implants.
- What’s the one thing that has surprised you the most about the cochlear implant impact on you or your child?
- Is there one piece of advice you’d give to someone who’s considering cochlear implantation for themselves or their child?
- What do you think of Lurie Children’s and the cochlear implant team? Are there particular people that helped you in your journey?
- Must be created by a Lurie Children’s patient or patient’s family
- Maximum length: 60 seconds
- Any digital format will work
- When naming the file, use your last name so that we can easily identify you
- Including communication in your/your child’s native language, including sign, is welcome
- Please do not use copyrighted music
- It will be shared with, and reviewed by, the cochlear implant team
- The team will select some videos to post on our website. If your video is selected, we will ask you to sign an authorization form. A staff member will follow-up with you at that time.