Chicago Area Pediatrics: Influenza (Flu), RSV, COVID-19 - Season 2023-24
Influenza (Flu) Updates
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends the annual flu vaccine for children 6 months of age and older. Getting the flu vaccine can reduce illness, antibiotic use, missed school and work, hospitalizations, doctor visits, and death caused by complications from the flu.
How to Get a Flu Vaccine at CAP
Schedule a flu vaccine appointment by calling the CAP office at 312.227.1160.
Flu vaccines will be available at scheduled well visits, appropriate sick and follow-up visits, and other vaccine visits.
We are happy to add siblings to any scheduled office visit to get their flu vaccine.
Flu vaccine appointment availability may vary throughout the season based on supply and staff availability.
- Influenza (Lurie Children's)
- Influenza (Flu) Vaccine (Lurie Children's)
- Healthychildren.org (AAP)
- Influenza (Flu) Vaccine Information Statement (CDC)
We will be offering the updated formulation of Moderna this season for infants and children who meet criteria. We will keep our patient families informed regarding appointment and supply availability via MyChart.
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC
- Stay Up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC
The CDC recently approved a new RSV shot, Nirsevimab (Beyfortus), to protect infants and young children against severe RSV disease. We will be offering Nirsevimab at all TCP sites. We will keep our patient families informed regarding appointment and supply availability via MyChart.
- LCH – What Parents Should Know About RSV Prevention for Infants
- CDC - RSV Immunization for Children 19 months and Younger
- CDC - Frequently Asked Questions About RSV Immunization for Children 19 Months and Younger
- HealthyChildren.org - RSV: When It's More Than Just a Cold
The health and safety of our patients, families, visitors, and staff is of utmost importance to us. Please take note of our updated visitation restrictions. Visit Lurie Children’s Visiting Hours and Guidelines page for the latest guidelines for Ambulatory/Outpatient Services.