COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Information
Lurie Children’s is no longer offering Bivalent COVID-19 vaccines:
- Vaccines are available at Town & Country Pediatrics, Chicago Area Pediatrics, Lurie Children's Pediatrics in Uptown, and Lurie Children's Pediatrics at Deming during existing appointments.
- Retail pharmacies can vaccinate individuals aged 3 years and older.
- Click here to find COVID-19 vaccines near you.
How to Schedule Your Vaccine Appointment
Town & Country Pediatrics
COVID-19 vaccines are available to Lurie Children’s Primary Care – Town & Country Pediatrics (LCPC-TCP) patients at our locations. Please click here for more information or follow LCPC-TCP on Facebook and Instagram for updates.
Advanced General Pediatrics at Uptown
COVID-19 vaccines will be available to established Advanced General Pediatrics and Primary Care patients at Uptown. To schedule an appointment please schedule through MyChart or call our office at 312.227.2610 .
Advanced General Pediatrics at Deming
COVID-19 vaccines are available to established Advanced General Pediatrics and Primary Care patients at our Clark/Deming Outpatient Center. To schedule an appointment please schedule through MyChart or call our office at 312.227.6450.
Chicago Area Pediatrics
COVID-19 vaccines are available to Chicago Area Pediatrics patients. Please contact our office at 312.227.1160 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
If you are not an established patient and are seeking a vaccine appointment, please refer to the resources listed below. The vaccine will also be available at local pharmacies in the city and suburbs.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your child has recently had COVID-19 or has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, you should wait at least until out of isolation or quarantine before receiving the vaccine, which is typically around 2 weeks after exposure or infection. After a recent COVID-19 infection, it is safe to wait up to 60-90 days after infection to receive the vaccine.
Yes, COVID-19 vaccine can be given at the same time as other vaccines, including influenza. If you recently received another vaccine, you can receive the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as it is available.
No. The COVID-19 vaccine given at Lurie Children’s is based on your child’s age at time of vaccination. Lurie Children’s offers the following:
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine for individuals 6 months to less than 5 years old.
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine for individuals 5 years and older.
You will receive the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) vaccination card at your vaccine appointment. If you lose the vaccination card and:
- You have a MyChart account, a copy of your vaccine information will be sent to your account following your appointment.
- Log into MyChart at mychart.luriechildrens.org.
- Open the menu on the left.
- Under My Record, click Health Summary.
- Click on the Immunizations tab.
- Your COVID-19 vaccination record will be listed.
To sign up for a MyChart account, go to mychart.luriechildrens.org.
For more information about the vaccine and how to prepare your child for the vaccine, please refer to the resources below:
- Lurie Children's COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet: English | Español
- Chicago Department of Public Health Pediatric Vaccine Tip Sheet: English | Español
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet (5-11 year olds)
- What to Know Before You Go - Tip Sheet for School-Aged Children: English | Español
- FAQ: COVID-19 Vaccine for Kids Under 12
- FAQ: COVID-19 Vaccines & Cases of Myocarditis