Below is a summary of the community investments our main hospital, research center, medical group and the Pediatric Faculty Foundation made in FY 2016.
- Charity care, losses due to Medicaid reimbursement below cost of services and other uncompensated costs: $99.7 million
- Resident and fellow training: $19.4 million
- Language assistance services, pastoral care, social work, art and music therapies, hospital volunteer services, transplant patient family housing and other family support services: $8.6 million
- Research funding: $11.8 million
- Community clinic support: $3.2 million
- Child advocacy programs: $2.0 million
Total community investment: $144.7 million