OSP Policies & Procedures
Indirect Cost Policy
The OSP policies and procedures document (PDF) includes the following:
- Principal Investigator Eligibility Policy
- Policy on Submission Deadlines for Applications Submitted by the Office of Sponsored Programs
- Pre-Award Spending Policy
- Direct Cost Charging Policy for charging expenses to all sponsored programs
- Cost Transfer Policy for transferring expenses to and from sponsored programs
- No-Cost Extensions Policy
- Policy on Grants vs. Gifts
- Purchase of Personal Computers and Electronic Devices on sponsored programs
- Study Participant Payment Policy and Procedures for research studies
- Cost Sharing
- Policy on Treatment of Award and Account Dates for Clinical Trials and Other Sponsored Research Agreements with No Defined Study End Date
- Policy Statement on Research Related Injuries for Industry Sponsored Clinical Studies (jointly issued by OSP and the Office of Research Integrity and Compliance)
Download our policies and procedures.
These policies have taken effect as of November 15, 2017. If you have any questions about the policies and associated forms, please contact the Office of Research Business Management contact person for your area.
Sponsored Programs Award Management Guidance
Please note that in addition to the policies reference above, the following Sponsored Program Management Guidance documents are referenced separately on the OSP and Research Business Management (RBM) website. These guidance documents provide additional important processes and procedures for effective grant and contract award management, and are effective June 1, 2017. Both the policy and guidance documents should be referenced in relation to grant applications, contract acquisition, and grant and contract award management.