PRN is pleased to offer Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits. We understand there are many barriers that prevent medical trainees and practicing clinicians from getting the CME they need. Staying up to date on the latest pediatric research often means having to pay for a journal subscription or even your CME certificate and then spend the time to complete the activity. PRN makes it easier to stay on top of the latest evidence-based medicine by curating high-quality, recent research articles, from many different subspecialties in pediatrics, and providing summaries – designed to be read in 2 minutes or less - for free. Summaries are paired with data visuals to help learners get comfortable with reading charts and/or graphs and get familiar with different research methods as a way to increase research literacy with easy-to-understand language that they can digest and then apply in their training, practice, and in their next encounters with published research.
Pediatic medical trainees and practicing clinicians.
- Explain the clinical implications of the research study findings.
- Recognize and be able to differentiate between key method terminology and statistical concepts.
- Identify the disease/illness/condition being discussed and its appropriate treatment modalities.
- Summarize limitations of the study and its significance to the outcomes.
How to Earn Credit
- Read each of the four (4) posts for the activity (activites are shown below).
- Click on an activity below to be taken directly to the post-test and evaluation. You will be prompted to log into Northwestern's Cloud CME portal.
- Once completed, with a passing score of 80%, you will be able to download/print your CME certificate.
Faculty & Speaker Disclosure Statements
FSM’s CME Leadership and Staff
Clara Schroedl, MD, Medical Director of CME. Has nothing to disclose.
Sheryl Corey, CME Director. Has nothing to disclose.
Jennifer Banys, Senior Program Administrator. Has nothing to disclose.
Allison McCollum, Senior Program Coordinator. Has nothing to disclose.
Rhea Alexis Banks, Administrative Assistant 2. Has nothing to disclose.
Course Directors & Planning Committee Members
Matthew M. Davis, MD, MAPP, Course Director. States he has nothing to disclose.
Punreet K. Bhatti, MD, Program Manager. States she has nothing to disclose.
Speakers, Moderators & Panelists
Elizabeth Alpern, MD, Head of Emergency Medicine, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. States she has nothing to disclose.
Mariana Glusman, MD, Attending Physician, Academic General Pediatrics and Primary Care, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. States she has nothing to disclose.