Visiting Hours & Guidelines
Because the health and safety of our patients, families, visitors and staff is of utmost importance to us and to prevent the spread of the virus causing COVID-19 illness, please note our updated visitation restrictions. Para ver esta información en Español
Effective April 2, 2020:
- Only ONE (1) healthy parent or legal guardian is allowed to visit per patient.
- No children or siblings under 18 are allowed to visit until further notice.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask at all times while present in the hospital, primary care and outpatient centers.
- No hospital entry between midnight and 6 a.m.
In addition, please note the following:
- All visitors will have a health screen on entry and twice daily at their child’s bedside.
- Anyone with symptoms of a viral illness such as fever, sore throat, cough, sneezing, runny nose, vomiting, or diarrhea will not be allowed to visit.
- Because people can spread these illnesses even before they show symptoms, anyone who has been exposed to a communicable disease in the past 30 days such as chicken pox, shingles, measles, tuberculosis (TB), mumps or whooping cough/pertussis will not be allowed to visit.
Download the COVID-19 visitor education flyer
Electronic Visitor Management System
Lurie Children’s implements a year-round visitation policy and new electronic visitor management system. The goal is to ensure the safety of our patient population and staff.
- Adult visitors (18 and older) will be required to show a valid government ID and will be subject to a background check through the Electronic Visitor Management System. Approved visitors will receive a hospital-issued badge with a photo. This badge must be worn at all times.
- Parents will provide a list of approved visitors and only healthy visitors on that list will be allowed to visit.
- Visitors not on the approved list will be asked to contact families directly.
Para ver esta información en Español