We welcome all children and their families. You are a member of our healthcare team. We work with you to provide the best care possible for your child.
- Tell you who we are and what we’re doing
- Tell you what is happening before, during and after treatment
- Provide an interpreter at no cost to you
- Give you the information you need to make decisions about treatment
- Honor your right to refuse treatment or services as the law allows
- Give instructions on how to care for your child at home
To serve you better, please...
- Tell us everything you know about your child’s health
- Tell us what your child and your family need
- Tell us if your child has pain — we will respond as quickly as possible
- Let us know if we were not clear with the information or instructions you received
As a partner in your child’s care, we...
- Honor your central role in your child’s care
- Respect that you know your child best
- Welcome your questions about your child’s care
- Respect your spiritual and cultural needs
- Value your privacy and confidentiality
Questions? You may contact Lurie Children’s Patient Relations: 312.227.4940; Illinois Department of Public Health: 525 W. Jefferson St., 5th Floor, Springfield, IL 62761, 800.252.4343 (24-hour hotline) or 217.782.2913; The Joint Commission: Division of Accreditation Operations, Office of Quality Monitoring, One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrace IL, 60181, 800.994.6610
It is the policy of Children’s Hospital of Chicago Medical Center not to discriminate with regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, religion or national origin in the treatment of patients and their families.