Division of Cardiology Scheduling Optimization Now Available
March 01, 2021
The Division of Cardiology is excited to introduce a new and improved scheduling process to decrease wait times and improve access to appointments. This will help the Cardiology team to facilitate a better experience for families from the time of scheduling an appointment with our team through the end of your child’s visit with us.
Ver esta información en espanól.
What Does this Mean for Cardiology Patients?
- All cardiology clinic appointments and associated cardiac testing will each have appointment times:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG/ECG) and echocardiogram (Echo) testing times will be accurate for all locations*.
- Physician appointments will be scheduled to make your in-clinic time as efficient as possible.
- Simply put, the scheduled appointment time will now match the actual time that your child is being seen by the care team.
- You should arrive for your child’s cardiology appointments 10 minutes before the time of your first scheduled appointment, even if it is testing.
- You will be able to view your child’s full appointment schedule in MyChart and make changes if needed. For assistance signing up for MyChart, please visit Mychart.luriechildrens.org.
- This will not have any impact on billing for your child’s appointment.*
*This excludes appointments scheduled at Lurie Children's at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital Pediatric Outpatient Center
If your child has a future appointment with the Division of Cardiology that is affected by this change, please expect a call from the office with an updated appointment time.
How Can I Make a Cardiology Appointment?
To make a first-time appointment with the Division of Cardiology, please call 1.800.543.7362 (1.800.KIDS DOC®). To make return appointments or to reschedule existing appointments, call 312.227.4100.
Learn more about the Heart Center