Division of Cardiology Scheduling Optimization Now Available
The Division of Cardiology is excited to introduce a new and improved scheduling process to decrease wait times and improve access to appointments. This will help the Cardiology team to facilitate a better experience for families from the time of scheduling an appointment with our team through the end of your child’s visit with us.
What Does this Mean for Cardiology Patients?
- All cardiology clinic appointments and associated cardiac testing will each have appointment times:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG/ECG) and echocardiogram (Echo) testing times will be accurate for all locations*.
- Physician appointments will be scheduled to make your in-clinic time as efficient as possible.
- Simply put, the scheduled appointment time will now match the actual time that your child is being seen by the care team.
- You should arrive for your child’s cardiology appointments 10 minutes before the time of your first scheduled appointment, even if it is testing.
- You will be able to view your child’s full appointment schedule in MyChart and make changes if needed. For assistance signing up for MyChart, please visit Mychart.luriechildrens.org.
- This will not have any impact on billing for your child’s appointment.*
*This excludes appointments scheduled at Lurie Children's at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital Pediatric Outpatient Center
If your child has a future appointment with the Division of Cardiology that is affected by this change, please expect a call from the office with an updated appointment time.
How Can I Make a Cardiology Appointment?