Online Toolkit for Referring Practices
We want you to have all the information you need on Lurie Children's and our locations.
Patient Referral Forms
VIP Physician Hotline
Physicians can continue to call 1.800.540.4131.
The VIP Physician Hotline is answered by pediatric nurses who are dedicated to respond quickly to medical professionals' needs, including:
- Request a transfer (option 1)
- Speak to the emergency department (option 2)
- Admit a patient (option 3)
- Outpatient Referral, request a physician-to-physician phone consultation and access test results (option 4)
Second Opinion for Complex Pediatric Cases
Physicians are welcome to call 312.227.6690 for complex pediatric medical issues without a clear diagnosis. Our Diagnostic and Consultation Service is operated by physicians in the hospital's Academic General Pediatrics & Primary Care division.
Maps & Schedules
Visit our locations pages to get parking tips, travel information and a street view of each of our locations. Our schedules will provide you with our services by location, hours and contact information.
Please note, families can also call 1.800.KIDS DOC® for first-time appointments.
Level 1 Pediatric Surgery Center
We've been named a level I pediatric surgery center by the American College of Surgeons (ACS), becoming the first children's hospital in Illinois to earn this status.
Healthcare Reform Patient Communications
With various coverage and payment changes going into effect, we've developed several patient communication avenues to make sure every family is prepared for healthcare reform.
- Patient-families will be receiving an e-mail and fliers explaining how the changes may affect them.
- We will have on-site certified application counselors to help families make important coverage decisions. For more information, call 312.227.1230.
If your patients have any questions regarding healthcare reform and the affect it may have on their coverage, please direct them to these resources.