Online Toolkit for Referring Practices
We want you to have all the information you need on Lurie Children's and our locations.
- Quick reference phone and fax numbers
- Specialist referral guide
- Services by location
- Maps & Schedules: Visit our Locations page.
Patient Referral Forms
- Patient Consultation Form
- Generic Request for Service
- Endocrine Request for Service
- Orthopaedics Request for Service
- Neurology Request for Service
- Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery Request for Service
- Gastroenterology Request for Service
- Dentistry General Anesthesia Consultation Request for Service
- Request for Chronic Pain Management Order
- Outpatient Requisition
- RAST Requisition
- Blood Bank Order Form
- PHOX2B Requisition
- PHOX2B Patient Information & Billing Form
- CDH Requisition for Specialty Labs
Physicians can call 1.855.LurieMD (1.855.587.4363) to ask a Lurie Children’s specialist for general recommendations about a patient condition, to discuss any next steps or to determine if a patient should be admitted.
With LurieMD, you will talk to someone live and get a call back from a Lurie Children’s specialist within 30 minutes or by end of the business day, depending on YOUR urgency.
The 1.855.LurieMD hotline is easy to use and available 24/7, 365 days. Dial the toll-free number to be connected with a Lurie Children’s team member who will help identify the specialty service on call and connect you with an attending physician or a fellow.
- To transfer a patient into or out of Lurie Children’s, PRESS 1
- To consult with an Emergency Department (ED) physician, PRESS 2
- To reschedule a patient’s existing appointment, PRESS 3
- To speak with a Lurie Children’s specialist, PRESS 4
- Admission not requiring transport or ED, PRESS 5
- Admit today, PRESS 1
- Future admit, PRESS 2
Please note, families can also call 1.800.KIDS DOC® for first-time appointments.
Second Opinion for Complex Pediatric Cases
Physicians are welcome to call 312.227.6690 for complex pediatric medical issues without a clear diagnosis. Our Diagnostic and Consultation Service is operated by physicians in the hospital's Academic General Pediatrics & Primary Care division.
Using a variety of telecommunication technologies, including real-time video conferencing, the Lurie Children’s Care Connect programs can provide accessible, high-quality healthcare for every child, regardless of where they are located. Click here to learn more about telemedicine at Lurie Children's.
Level 1 Pediatric Surgery Center
We've been named a level I pediatric surgery center by the American College of Surgeons (ACS), becoming the first children's hospital in Illinois to earn this status.
Healthcare Reform Patient Communications
With various coverage and payment changes going into effect, we've developed several patient communication avenues to make sure every family is prepared for healthcare reform.
- Patient-families will be receiving an e-mail and fliers explaining how the changes may affect them.
- We will have on-site certified application counselors to help families make important coverage decisions. For more information, call 312.227.1230.
If your patients have any questions regarding healthcare reform and the affect it may have on their coverage, please direct them to these resources.