Nominate a Nurse for The DAISY Award
The DAISY Award was established in 2000 in memory of J. Patrick Barnes who died from complications of Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (ITP) at the age of 33. The DAISY foundation is dedicated to funding research for immune system diseases, as well as recognizing exceptional nurses around the country through the DAISY Award. The award will be presented to one RN and one APRN in February, May, August, and November of every year.
Patients, visitors or employees are encouraged to nominate a deserving nurse.
Nurse Exemplar Program
The nurse exemplar program recognizes and rewards extraordinary nurses who demonstrate a special way of advocating for families, caring for children and teaching their colleagues. Each year, staff members nominate their peers to become recipients of 11 different nurse exemplar awards:
- APN Exemplar (recognizing an outstanding Advanced Practice Nurse)
- Expert Clinical Nurse
- Family Advocate
- Family Educator
- Formal Nurse Leader
- Nurse Consultant
- Nurse Humanitarian
- Nurse Leader
- Nurse Preceptor
- Nurse Researcher
- Nurse Mentor
The selection committee will be comprised of the Reward and Recognition Committee members. Awards are presented at an annual hospital ceremony. Each winner receives an engraved gift and a stipend that can be used to pursue professional endeavors. This program highlights the art of nursing and recognizes its importance in the delivery of top-notch patient care.
Nurses in the News
For inspiring stories of Lurie Children's nurses and their commitment to our mission, view the recent articles below:
- Illinois Nurses Foundation Announces 2021 40 Under Forty
- ANCC Announces Recipients of the 2020 National Magnet Nurse of The Year® Awards
- Pediatric Nurse Celebrates 50 Years on the Job | WGN Chicago
- Fox Valley Auto Group Giving Free Loaner Cars To Nurses At Lurie Children’s Hospital | CBS Chicago
- Lurie Children's Nurse Brings Holiday Cheer to PICU Patients | WBBM Newsradio
Follow Us on Instagram
To learn more about Lurie Children's nurses, follow us on Instagram at @luriechildrensnurses.