Student Nurse Program
Lurie Children's Student Nurse Program is a rewarding way to begin your career in the care of children.
This program will provide an introduction to working in the pediatric healthcare setting. Student Nurses will function in a supportive role to a Registered Nurse, following the job description of a Student Nursing Assistant. They will work collaboratively with a dynamic health care team in the management of patient care allowing them to gain experience in communicating and working closely with diverse patient populations and complex family concerns. A comprehensive orientation will be provided. While working in this role, Student Nurses will have access to professional development opportunities, such as in-services, to learn about pediatric nursing in an acute care setting.
- Current enrollment in an Associate Nursing Program (or higher) is required
- Students must have completed the first clinical rotation of their nursing program prior to our start date
- Candidates will be required to submit an official school transcript verifying current enrollment and appropriate academic standing within their nursing program
- Qualified candidates must be able to work a minimum of 16 to 24 hours per department schedule/month, throughout the summer as well as the school year
- Current CPR certification
- Out-of-state applicants may be able to meet the monthly work requirement by working the required two to three shifts in one weekend, based on the unit's discretion
Application Process & Deadline
Please visit our career pages to view and apply for available openings.
|Program Start Date||Application Open|
|May 22nd, 2023||January 3rd – January 31st , 2023|
- Please apply early to ensure consideration. Job postings may be re-posted at a later time if a larger candidate pool is needed.
- Candidates may only identify up to two posted nursing units.
- Those candidates selected for interview will be contacted by phone or email.
- If there are no Student Nurse Assistant jobs listed on our website, this indicates we are not accepting resumes at this time.
Interview days will be coordinated with Nursing leadership teams.
The Student Nurse Program will have a start date May 22nd, 2023. Those candidates who are offered a position will be contacted by phone no later than one month prior to the start date.
SNAs are sometimes hired outside of this date if positions become available. Any available positions will be posted on our career website, and you may apply directly online.