The Administrative Intern will be responsible for completing a variety of hospital-wide projects that align with the mission and vision of the organization during this 8-10-week summer internship. The Intern will report to a senior level leader within the organization who will guide potential projects and foster an enriching educational experience, while also helping build core leadership competencies. The Administrative Intern will be asked to attend a variety of leadership meetings to gain a better understanding of the organization and will have opportunities to shadow within areas of their interest. The internship also serves as an opportunity for the Intern to identify and evaluate areas of interest within pediatric healthcare and academic medicine. At the end of the summer, the Administrative Intern provide a brief presentation to senior leaders to highlight their internship achievements.
- Cover Letter Addressed to “Lurie Children’s Administrative Internship Committee”
- 500-word essay explaining (A) Current skills that would contribute to the mission of Lurie Children’s and (B) Specific goals to achieve from the summer internship experience
- Candidates must have completed their first year of a Master’s degree in health care administration, business administration, or related field to qualify.
- Application Window: December 23, 2022 to 11:59pm on January 9, 2023
- Please visit us at careers.luriechildrens.org and search ‘Administrative Internship’ to begin application and submit all materials.
For additional information, please contact:
Tyler Morgan | Administrative Fellow | 312.227.5588 | email@example.com
Lurie Children's also offers an 18 to 24-month Administrative Fellowship that provides analytical, financial, and leadership experiences to diverse and emerging healthcare leaders.
About Lurie Children's
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago is a free-standing pediatric medical center located in Chicago, Illinois. The hospital is aligned with 1,100 pediatric specialists focusing on more than 70 specialties in 18 locations. Lurie Children’s provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest freestanding pediatric provider in the region with a 136-year legacy of excellence, Lurie Children’s is an academic pediatric healthcare leader committed to providing unsurpassed healthcare for children and educating future healthcare leaders.