Allyn Bromley Fellowship in Art Therapy
The Allyn Bromley Fellowship in Art Therapy offers an entry-level experience for an individual with a Masters in Art Therapy from an American Art Therapy Association (AATA) approved program and working toward Art Therapy Registration (ATR) through the American Art Therapy Credentials board (ATCB). Experience providing medical art therapy and a sense of comfort in the Hospital setting is a requirement to be considered for this opportunity.
The Fellowship is a full-time, 12-month (40 hours per week) placement typically starting in early Summer. Designed to be an entry-level position, the fellow will become an integral member of the art therapy team and provide individual art therapy sessions on the inpatient units.
In this role, fellows will:
- Receive weekly formal ATR supervision and Licensed Professional Counseling LCPC supervision.
- Gain extensive clinical experience working with high acuity patients on a variety of multidisciplinary teams.
- Facilitate one-on-one and occasional art therapy group sessions to support the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social needs of pediatric patients and their families.
- Document clinical assessments in the medical record, including treatment planning and evaluation of ongoing needs.
- Provide education on the subject of art therapy and the role of the medical art therapist in the hospital setting to a variety of audiences.
- Provide support to art therapy interns in partnership with the art therapist.
Clinical rotations for the art therapy fellowship position may include the following clinical areas:
Cardiology Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Acute Inpatient Units that care for patients with kidney and liver disease, organ transplants, gastrointestinal issues, seizure disorders, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary challenges, surgical recovery, etc.
Please visit our job site to apply (when available)
For questions or for more information about the Fellowship program please contact:
Rebecca Meyers, MS, CCLS
Children’s Services Manager