Inflammatory Bowel Disease Program: Spring into Remission!
Please join us for our inaugural “Spring into Remission!” Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) symposium for patients and families with IBD being cared for at Lurie Children’s. This in-person event on Saturday, May 7 will include presentations from leaders of the IBD team, interactive Q & A sessions, and moderated panel discussions. Space is limited, please register soon!
Who should attend
This event is curated for patients with IBD ages 12 years and older and for ANY parents of children with IBD (regardless of child’s age).*
Topics covered will include
- An overview of the IBD program at Lurie Children’s
- A review of latest in medical therapy
- Dietary therapy strategies
- Being your own advocate
- Mental health and complementary treatment strategies
- Patient perspectives and panel discussion
We are happy to cover the cost of parking. Please park in the Huron-Superior A Garage, then stop by our check-in table on the 11th Floor and ask us for a validation ticket.
Coffee, lunch, and free swag will be provided to patients and their families.
For the safety of our patients, families and employees:
- Masks are required at all times.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required. Attendees must complete the primary vaccine series (two doses of Moderna or Pfizer, or one dose of Janssen/J&J) at least two weeks prior to the event. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required.
- Those with symptoms of COVID-19, positive test for COVID-19, or exposure to COVID-19 in the past 10 days will be unable to attend.
- Requirements are subject to change based on changes in COVID-19 activity and/or local COVID-19 mandates.
- On the morning of May 7, the day of the symposium, each attendee will need to submit a mandatory COVID-19 screening form.
This year's event is being sponsored by AbbVie Pharmaceuticals and Nestlé Health Science.