Chicago Sonographer Update 2023: A Virtual Experience
Echocardiographic Assessment of Adult Congenital Heart Disease
An Educational Meeting Developed by Sonographers for Sonographers
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago presents the Chicago Sonographer Update 2023.
This virtual course is designed to be a comprehensive symposium to familiarize sonographers with the echocardiographic assessment of adult congenital heart disease. The live streaming session on Saturday, April 22 will include didactic presentations, demonstrations of live scanning, and moderated Q & A sessions. Our Keynote Speaker, Anitra Romfh, MD, will present Imaging in Tetralogy of Fallot and the Impacts on Clinical Management.
A strong emphasis has been placed on the practical aspects of data acquisition (knobology and image optimization) for the live scans. This is an exciting, clinically applicable program aimed at the sonographer/practitioner directly involved in echo imaging of adults with congenital heart disease. Lurie Children’s cardiologists and sonographers will be joined by invited speakers to deliver the lectures. The presentations will be pre-recorded, and speakers will be available for live moderated Q&A sessions. All lectures will be available to view for 30 days after the conference.
See our agenda for detailed information about our presenters and curriculum.
Upon conclusion of this educational meeting attendees should have improved their ability to:
- Recognize echocardiographic features of various congenital heart abnormalities
- Identify surgical repairs and/or palliations for specific congenital heart disease
- Apply anatomic knowledge to the performance and/or interpretation of echocardiograms in adult patients presenting with congenital heart defects
- Comprehend the limitations of echocardiography and the need for multi-modality imaging
- Incorporate discussed imaging techniques to assess congenital heart lesions into daily practice
This course is designed for adult and pediatric cardiac sonographers, fellows in training, pediatric and adult cardiologists and sonography students embarking on a career in pediatric cardiac sonography. Participants should have a basic understanding of echocardiography.
Continuing Medical Education Credit (CME)
Society of Medical Diagnostic Sonographers (SDMS) has approved this activity for 7.0 SDMS CME credit hours. Please note that partial credit will not be issued.
- SDMS CME credits are accepted by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), and Sonography Canada to help meet the participant’s CME requirements.
- SDMS CME credits, which are earned by individuals who are members of the SDMS, will be automatically transferred to the ARDMS and CCI on a daily basis.
Conference Cost and Registration
Registration $75. Please click here to REGISTER.
Online registration closes Wednesday April 19, 2023.
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing. A $25 administrative fee will be retained. In order to refund the balance, a WRITTEN notice of withdrawal must be received by Friday, April 14, 2023. No refunds will be issued thereafter.
Questions? Call 312.227.0390 or email SonoUpdateCME@luriechildrens.org.
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- In order to obtain nursing contact hours, you must attend the entire activity, and complete the evaluation.
- No relevant financial relationships were identified for any member of the planning committee or any presenter/author of the program content.