Presented by Nurse Builders. Sponsored by Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Department of Clinical & Organizational Development.
Registration: 7:30 to 8 a.m. both days
Course Instruction: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. both days
Note: Course will be held in the American Dental Association (ADA) Building, located at 211 East Chicago Avenue. The ADA Building is immediately east of Lurie Children's.
Prepare to Become Certified
This program provides a comprehensive and up-to-date review of pediatric critical care nursing care based on the Pediatric CCRN Exam continent outline. Participants receive information that will not only promote certification exam success, but will also enhance clinical nursing practice. The course instructor is Susan Wade, MSN, RN, CPN, CCRN. She is an authority on the Pediatric CCRN Exam and review process. She maintains an active clinical practice as a Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist in a trauma center and is an expert in pediatric critical care.
At the completion of the Pediatric CCRN Review Course the participant will be able to:
- Review and enhance test taking skills
- Decrease anxiety related to the Pediatric CCRN exam
- Identify content outline for the Pediatric CCRN exam
- Identify resources for the Pediatric CCRN exam preparation
- Identify typical presentation as well as management of pediatric critical care situations
- Enhance nursing care of critically ill infants and children.
- Anatomy of the Pediatric CCRN Exam
- Test taking
- Review course workbook
- 13.0 ANCC contact hours
- Additional review materials will be available for purchase through Nurse Builders
Requirements to Apply for the CCRN Exam
- The nurse must hold a current, active, unrestricted, registered nurse (RN) license in the US at the time of application.
- Documentation of 1800 hours of pediatric clinical practice within the past 24 month period as a Pediatric Critical Care RN.
- This experience must have taken place in a US facility.
- Pediatric nursing experience includes direct patient care, teaching, administration, clinical research, or consultation in pediatric nursing.
Online registration for this course is now open. Note that you must register by May 18, 2020.
For Further Information
Please contact us at KKoralik@luriechildrens.org for further information.