Pediatric Coding Pump Up 2023
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago Presents
Pediatric Coding Pump Up 2023
Linda D. Parsi MD, MBA, CPEDC, FAAP
* Linda Parsi, MD disclosed that she is a speaker for Mead Johnson Speakers Bureau and owner of PEDS MD Company. Becky Dolan has nothing to disclose.
- 8 - 8:30 a.m. | Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 - 8:35 a.m. | Welcome and Announcements
- 8:35 - 9:05 a.m. | Reveiwing Coding Basics (30 min) - Dr. Parsi
- 9:05 - 9:35 a.m. | 2023 Evaluation & Management Overview Update (30 min) - Becky Dolan
- 9:35 - 10:05 a.m. | Office Outpatient E/M: Important Tips to Remember (30 Min) - Dr. Parsi
- 10:05 - 10:20 a.m. | Break with Snack
- 10:20 - 11:20 a.m. | Capturing Codes and Revenue: Case Reviews with MDM or Time (60 min) - Dr. Parsi
- Problem Oriented: Asthma, Anxiety & Depression, ADHD
- Preventive and Problem Oriented
- Incident To
- Split/Shared Billing
- 11:20 a.m. - 12:20 p.m. | Asynchronous and Synchronous Telehealth: Can you Hear me Now? (60 min) - Becky Dolan
- 12:20 - 1:00 p.m. | Lunch
- 1:00 - 1:30 p.m. | Vaccine Coding Update & Best Practices (30 min) - Becky Dolan
- 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. | Self- Auditing (60 min)
- 2:30 - 2:45 p.m. | Open Q&A
- 2:45 - 2:50 p.m. | Closing Comments
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Desired Learning Outcomes
At completion of this learning activity, participants should be able to:
Engage providers in coding while including 2023 updates for ICD and CPT, addressing new guidelines for Office and Outpatient E&M Codes, as well as documenting to ethically maximize reimbursement and minimize liability.
Identify and implement coding strategies for opportunities and challenges: asthma management, time-based and procedural coding, care management services and value-based healthcare delivery.
To incorporate correct and appropriate coding for modern day pediatric encounters: telehealth visits, medical home, mental health
Physicians, physician assistants, nurse practicioners, nurses and medical assistants.
Please register by February 23, 2023. No walk-in registrations or payment will be accepted.
- Click here to register online and pay by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover) OR
- Phone-in registration with Eugene Enriquez at 312.227.7094 and send payment to:
Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
Attn: Eugene Enriquez
225 E. Chicago Avenue, Box 306
Chicago, IL 60611-2605
There is a $160 registration fee per attendee. This event has a limit of 100 participants.
An admission fee will be assessed at the time of making the reservation. A 48-hour cancellation policy will be in effect in order to receive a full refund.