Dr. Dzakovic is board certified in general surgery, pediatric surgery and surgical critical care. He spent two years of specialized training in liver and kidney transplant surgery, and has completed additional training in several other advanced specialty areas, including pediatric surgical oncology, pediatric endosurgery, anorectal malformations, ultrasound, abdominal and vascular ultrasonography, and Advanced Cardiac, Trauma and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
He performs the entire spectrum of pediatric and neonatal minimally invasive surgery, which reduces the recovery time, pain and scarring for the patients.
Dr. Dzakovic has been recognized with several awards and has presented at numerous national and international meetings. Dr. Dzakovic is also widely published, including authoring two textbook chapters on the use of ultrasound in pediatric liver patients and liver transplantation.
He speaks four languages including German, English, French and Serbo-Croatian.
- Thoracoscopy for congenital lung abnormalities, esophageal atresia, tracheoesophageal fistula, lung biopsy, cyst and tumor resections, thymectomy, and other abnormalities of the chest
- Laparoscopy for congenital abnormalities of intestines (duodenal/intestinal atresia, Meckel’s diverticulectum, mesenteric cysts and duplications, Hirschsprung’s disease, Imperforate anus), achalasia, median arcuate ligament syndrome (MALS)
- Laparoscopic treatment for malrotation of the bowel
- Laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair
- Undescended Testicles
- Abdominal and alimentary tract surgeries
- Pancreatic surgery
- Retroperitoneal tumor resection
- Endocrine surgeries, including surgeries of the adrenal gland
- Congenital neck cyst excision and drainage
- Spleen surgery, splenectomy
- Lymph node biopsy and excision
- Rectal surgery
- Diaphragmatic surgery
- Muscle biopsies
- Gastroesophageal reflux, inflammatory bowel disease, gallstones, low profile (button) gastrostomy tube insertion