Dr. Chin is a pediatric surgeon and critical care specialist with advanced expertise in a range of pediatric disorders. He specializes in the use of advanced minimally invasive surgery for the treatment congenital and acquired conditions, including malformations of the abdomen and chest, appendicitis, pyloric stenosis, adrenal and ovarian tumors, and Hirschsprung’s disease. He is also an expert in surgical critical care of newborns and infants.
Dr. Chin is a world-renowned authority on the use of phrenic nerve pacing for the treatment of complete or partial respiratory insufficiency in children secondary congenital central hypoventilation syndrome.
As a physician-scientist, Dr. Chin is focused on developing better documentation processes in health care delivery, health care protocols, clinical management of surgical problems, minimally invasive surgery and surgical simulation training.
Dr. Chin is the author or co-author of several textbook chapters and numerous peer-reviewed publications.
- Intestinal atresia
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia
- Gastroschisis and omphalocele (abdominal wall defects)
- Tracheo-esophageal Fistula
- Chest and abdominal masses
- Imperforate anus
Esophageal and Alimentary Tract Surgeries
- Esophageal duplication or masses
- Nissen fundoplication
- Gastric tubes (G-tubes)
- Bowel resection for inflammatory bowel disease (Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s disease)
- Hirschprung’s disease
- Malrotation of the intestinal tract
- Liver and pancreatic surgery
- Splenic Surgery (complete and partial for cysts, sickle cell disease, idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura)
- Wilm’s Tumor
- Mesenteric cyst and mesenteric tumor resection
- Ovarian Masses
- Thorascospic phrenic nerve pacing
- Lung masses (CPAM, lung metastases)
- Chest and mediastinal masses
- Recurrent pneumothorax
- Rib lesions
- Ovary cyst or torsion (ovarian sparing or oophorectomy)
- Pelvic cyst
Congenital Neck Cyst Excision and Drainage
- Branchial cyst
- Thyroglossal duct
- Lymph node biopsy and excision
- Breast surgery
- Soft Tissue Masses
- Vascular malformations
- Inguinal, umbilical, epigastric and incisional hernias
- Undescended Testicles
- Muscle biopsies
For appointments and referrals, please call 1.KIDS.DOC (1.800.543.7362) or 312.227.4210.