Contact UsFor MediaMedia Kits Lurie Children's Media Kit
Lurie Children's Media Kit
Founded in 1882 by a Julie Foster Porter whose son died of rheumatoid arthritis, Lurie Children’s has become one of the top pediatric hospitals in the country and the only hospital in Illinois ranked in nine pediatric specialties according to U.S. News & World Report.
Tour the Hospital
Take a tour around our facility in the video below:
- We are the largest pediatric specialty provider in the region, by volume. Our medical staff includes 1,803+ physicians and allied health professionals in 70 pediatric specialties.
- We were the first children’s hospital in the country, and the first hospital in Illinois, to earn the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence.
- Lurie Children’s was named a level I pediatric surgery center by the American College of Surgeons (ACS), becoming the first children’s hospital in Illinois to earn this status.
- We are the pediatric teaching arm of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and one of the few children’s hospital’s in the country to have its own research center devoted to pediatric diseases, Stanley Manne Children’s Research Institute.
- In FY22, the hospital served more than 239,000 individual patients.
Hospital Photos for Download
Credit: Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
To arrange an interview with one of our pediatric specialists, please call Public Affairs at 312.227.4600 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.