Summer Fundraising Ideas
As a nonprofit medical center, we rely on donations from generous people like you to fund life-changing research and programs. With summer being right around the corner, warmer weather and longer days call for more outdoor activities! From block parties and backyard BBQs to garage sales, summer is a great time to turn your everyday events and activities into a way to raise money for the patients and families and Lurie Children’s. Below are a few ideas to inspire your summer fundraiser!
- Host a Lemonade Stand: Set up a table outside and sell refreshing lemonade to the community. You can host multiple stands throughout the summer and include popsicles at an additional fee.
- Car Wash: As summer sports leagues begin, opportunities for team building are endless. Having a car wash is a fun and easy way to get the team together and raise money for programs at Lurie Children’s. You can charge additional fees for services like vacuuming, tire cleaning, and window washing.
- Fourth of July Backyard BBQ: While friends and family gather for block parties and BBQs, use this day as an opportunity to support our patients. You can host a BBQ and provide food, drinks, or snacks in exchange for donations.
- Fitness Challenge: Combine fitness goals and fundraising goals! A great excuse to stay active all summer long is to challenge yourself and set a fitness goal. Whether it be a 5k, cycle challenge, or marathon. Ask your friends and family to donate in support.
- Community Cookoff: Hosting a cookoff is a fun way to enjoy food while raising money. The whole community can be involved. Select a theme (e.g., pasta, brisket, chili, or pastries) and anyone participating will pay an entry fee.
How to Start a Fundraiser
Start by registering online – where you can gain access to a personal fundraising page. There, you will find resources to make your fundraiser a success and access to our Community Fundraising team who will help you along the way!
Your fundraising efforts will provide support to our patients and families, allowing us to direct funds when and where they are needed the most. If you have a specific program or area you’d like to support with your fundraising efforts, money raised can be directed to support a specific area within the hospital. For more information, visit our Community Fundraising page.
Raising money for a children’s hospital is a fun and rewarding summer activity. And your support helps us provide the best care for every child who walks through our doors.
There is no limit to the ways you can fundraise this summer! For a full list of fundraising ideas visit our fundraising ideas page.
Looking for ways to give back this fall? Turn your favorite festive activities into fundraising opportunities with these creative ideas from Lurie Children's.
From block parties and backyard BBQs to garage sales, summer is a great time to turn your everyday events and activities into a way to raise money for the patients and families and Lurie Children’s.