Fall into Fundraising!
As we step into the season of giving, not only are we embracing the leaves changing and looking forward to cozy nights indoors, but you might also be searching for ways to give back. Fall is a time for families to gather together and enjoy the cooler weather with activities like corn mazes, apple picking, and pumpkin patches.
As you plan your fall activities, we encourage you to consider supporting Lurie Children’s! As a non-profit hospital, your donations help us provide the best care for every child who walks through our doors. Learn how you can turn your favorite fall activity into a meaningful way to fundraise with these ideas below!
5 Fall Fundraising Ideas
- Get creative and decorate your house! Hosting a haunted house is a fun way to get friends, family, and neighbors together. You can charge an entrance fee or place a sign in your yard with a QR code linked to your personal fundraising page.
- Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Contest: Fun for all ages. Host a fall-themed party where guests can purchase a pumpkin to carve or decorate. Lay out all of the pumpkins on a table and participants can choose their favorites. Ask for donations from friends and families who attend!
- Football Tailgate: Root for your favorite team while fundraising for the patients at Lurie Children’s! Play football squares with your friends or host a BBQ. Donate back the suggested donation to play the game or attend the BBQ!
- Yard Work: As the leaves start to fall, offer leaf cleanup to your neighborhood. Ask for donations in exchange for your work or set a price for your service.
- Halloween Costume Contest: No tricks just treat! Host a Halloween costume contest and charge per participant. Get everyone involved by voting for the best costumes! The top three winners will receive a treat.
From October 1st – 31st When you buy a costume from Spirit Halloween you will receive 10% off your entire purchase. Spirit will also donate 10% to Lurie Children’s.
How to Start a Fundraiser
Register online – where you can gain access to a personal fundraising page. There, you will find resources to make your fundraiser a success and access our Community Fundraising team who will help you along the way!
Your fundraising efforts support our patients and families, allowing us to direct funds when and where they are needed the most. If you have a specific program or area you’d like to support with your fundraising efforts, money raised can be directed to support a specific area within the hospital. For more information, visit our Community Fundraising page.
There is no limit to the ways you can fundraise this fall! For a complete list of fundraising ideas visit our fundraising ideas page.
From block parties and backyard BBQs to garage sales, summer is a great time to turn your everyday events and activities into a way to raise money for the patients and families and Lurie Children’s.
For 97 years, Donald Lewan lived by two rules: Always remember a person’s name, and always give back.