Preparing for Your Appointment at Lurie Children's
- To avoid any delays on the day of your visit, please review your registration via MyChart or call us at 1.800.KIDS DOC (1.800.543.7362, option 4) at least 24 hours before your visit.
- If you are unable to complete your registration prior to your appointment, please arrive with your child at least 15-30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to register at check-in.
Before Your Visit
- For information on parking and getting to your appointment location, visit our Locations page.
- If your appointment is downtown, see our visitor's guide for travel tips, local amenities and other resources.
- Plan to arrive with your child at least 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment time. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, your appointment may have to be rescheduled.
- Learn how Family Services can help you navigate your healthcare experience.
- Get tips from other patient families on how to make the most of your appointment time.
- Review specific guidance on preparing your child for:
- Any medication your child is taking, as well as the name and phone number of your pharmacy.
- Your child's medical records, lab results, medical imaging CDs and any other physician notes.
- Without records or medical images, another appointment may be needed to allow the clinician to review the complete medical record.
- Any referrals your insurance requires for testing or before seeing a pediatric specialist.
- Your insurance card and co-payment, which is collected at appointment check-in.
During Your Visit
Your child's first visit includes a complete medical history, physical exam and any necessary testing that can be done that day; this means your child's visit may last up to three hours.
Because we are an academic medical center, your child's complete healthcare team may include a fellow, resident or medical student.
After Your Visit
You may receive a patient satisfaction survey asking for feedback on your visit. We encourage you to complete it and tell us what you think.
If you have not already, please ask and sign up for Lurie Children’s MyChart at mychart.luriechildrens.org. This allows you full access to your medical record and the ability to schedule visits online without any calls required. You can also message your providers, view notes, and access lab results. MyChart is your complete companion to your care at Lurie Children’s.