Preparing for Surgery
If your child is having surgery, or a procedure requiring anesthesia, we can help you prepare.
Resources for Download
- Countdown to Surgery & Procedures with Anesthesia: English | Español
- Getting Ready for Surgery: English
The below videos walk parents and kids through what they can expect before, during and after a patient's surgery.
View more resources below about scheduling your child's procedure, what to expect during your visit and post-procedure care.
Scheduling Your Child's Procedure
Get more information about how to schedule your child's procedure:
- Complete this History & Physical Form with your pediatrician or primary care physician 30 days before your child's scheduled procedure
- Find maps and directions to the main hospital, Outpatient Center in Westchester and Surgery Center in Northbrook.
- Explore our hospital and review a list of hospital amenities
What to Expect During Your Visit
Get more information on what to expect the day of your child's visit:
- Understand your patient rights and responsibilities
- Know how to keep your child safe
- Learn more about our approach to family-centered care
- Meet your child's care team
- Learn How Child Life Specialists Can Help
- Create a Coping & Comfort Plan
- How Child Life Specialists Can Help/Coping & Comfort Plan (combined document)
Get more information for after your visit: