Research Management & Support
As a leading pediatric research hospital and academic medical center, we strive to conduct our research in accordance with the highest level of research ethics and in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. This compliance program was developed in accordance with these applicable laws, rules and regulations, and with guidance from appropriate federal and State of Illinois sources.
The Lurie Children’s Research Management & Support offices assist research investigators in grant applications, grant management, study submission and other matters involving research.
The sources from which we receive guidance include:
- Office of Research Integrity (ORI) of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW)
- DHHS Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC)
We have been awarded full accreditation by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP). An independent, non-profit accrediting body, AAHRPP uses a voluntary,
peer-driven, educational model to ensure that human research protection
programs meet rigorous standards for quality and protection. AAHRPP
promotes high quality, ethically sound research through an accreditation
process that helps organizations worldwide strengthen their research
Learn more about our designation
Learn more about our research management and support offices:
For policies, forms and other information for research professionals, please visit our researcher toolkit.