Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago is a free-standing pediatric medical center located in Chicago, Illinois. Lurie Children’s one-year postgraduate Administrative Fellowship Program is designed to specifically offer a focus on pediatric healthcare issues.
The objectives of the fellowship include:
- Postgraduate training, experiential learning and professional growth
- Contribution to the organization through specific assignments and responsibilities
- Development of a mentor relationship with two senior leaders, the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Clinical Excellence Officer, offering support and guidance for professional development and career advancement.
The administrative fellowship is a project-based program which allows the fellow the opportunity to gain exposure to all facets of the organization. The administrative fellow works closely with the senior leadership team of the hospital on projects that address operational and strategic initiatives. The project-based structure allows the fellow to tailor the experience to their interests while supporting the mission of Lurie Children’s. Along with project work, the fellow attends leadership and board meetings and is encouraged to supplement their experience with additional meetings, shadowing, and partaking in other activities across the hospital.
Candidate must have an MHA, MPA, MPH or MBA with a concentration in healthcare or equivalent from an accredited graduate program, and graduate in the 2016-17 school year. Candidates typically have limited work experience ranging from summer internships to full-time work experience prior to graduate school.
There are two ways to apply to the Administrative Fellowship program at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago:
1. Submit required materials using the National Administrative Fellowship Centralized Application Service (NAFCAS). Applications must be submitted by Monday, October 3, 2016.
2. Submit the required materials in a PDF to email@example.com by October 3, 2016.
- Cover letter
- Official graduate transcript
- A one- to two-page personal statement addressing career goals, your decision to pursue a fellowship experience and specific expectations of the Lurie Children's fellowship
- In one page or less, address current challenges facing the pediatric healthcare market
- Three letters of recommendation (submitted directly from the recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a member of National Council on Administrative Fellowships (NCAF), Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago adheres to the NCAF Code of Good Practice. See more information about the NCAF.
- Application packet must be submitted by: Monday, October 3, 2016
- Interview Process: Mid-October to Early November 2016
- Selection Date: Monday, November 14, 2016
- Start Date: July 2017