Pediatric Hospitalist Program
Pediatric Faculty Foundation outreach physicians include neonatologists, pediatric intensivists, pediatric hospitalists and pediatric emergency medicine specialists on staff at Lurie Children’s. Our physicians provide onsite pediatric services at community hospitals throughout the Chicago metropolitan area. See a listing of all our partner hosptials.
Our Partnership Philosophy
- Provide convenient access to high-quality pediatric care
- Develop long-term partnerships with community-based hospitals, enabling children to remain close to home for inpatient medical treatment
- Provide patients and their families access to Lurie Children's pediatric subspecialty care
- Enhance pediatric care and services at community-based hospitals through staff education and quality improvement programs
Neonatologist, pediatric intensivists, pediatric emergency medicine physicians and hospitalist team members are trained in the management of neonatal and pediatric patients. These physicians do not compete with the practices of community physicians. Instead they provide medical supervision, as well as timely communication, in consultation with the patient’s primary care physician.
Lurie Children’s outreach physicians provide the following services:
- Care for in-house neonatal and pediatric patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Attend high-risk deliveries
- Admit high-risk neonates to the special care nursery
- Normal newborn coverage while in the hospital
- Multidisciplinary neonatal follow-up services
- Assist the primary care physician by providing:
- Consultation/admission and care during the patient’s entire hospitalization
- Admit babies and pediatric patients who do not have a PCP
- Emergency room pediatric treatment & consultations
- Assist with neonatal and pediatric transport services
If you are interested in pursuing an employment opportunity as a Lurie Children’s outreach physician as a neonatologist, pediatric intensivist or pediatric hospitalist, please contact Tina Pell Doyle at 312.227.7399 or e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about our benefits.