Student Nurse Program
Lurie Children's Student Nurse Program is a rewarding way to begin your career in the care of children.
This program will provide an introduction to working in the pediatric healthcare setting. Student Nurses will function in a supportive role to a Registered Nurse, following the job description of a Student Nursing Assistant. They will work collaboratively with a dynamic health care team in the management of patient care allowing them to gain experience in communicating and working closely with diverse patient populations and complex family concerns. A comprehensive orientation will be provided. While working in this role, Student Nurses will have access to professional development opportunities, such as in-services, to learn about pediatric nursing in an acute care setting.
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s Nursing Program (or higher) is required
- Students must have completed the first clinical rotation of their nursing program prior to our start date
- Candidates will be required to submit an official school transcript verifying current enrollment and appropriate academic standing within their nursing program
- Qualified candidates must be able to work a minimum of 16 to 24 hours per department schedule/month, throughout the summer as well as the school year
- Current CPR certification
- Out-of-state applicants may be able to meet the monthly work requirement by working the required two to three shifts in one weekend, based on the unit's discretion
Application Process & Deadline
- Please visit our career pages to view and apply for available openings: https://luriechildrens.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?version=1&company_id=16177
- We plan to post Student Nurse Assistant positions in early April 2016
- Please note: Job postings may be closed and removed based on the number of applicants received.
- All units currently hiring Student Nurse Assistants will have a separate job posting
- Candidates may only apply for up to two posted nursing units
- Please indicate on your resume or cover letter your first choice of nursing units
- Those candidates selected for interview will be contacted by phone or email
- If there are no Student Nurse Assistant jobs listed on our website, this indicates we are not accepting resumes at this time
Applicants who are invited for an interview will need to present the following documents to Human Resources on the interview date:
- Two copies of resume and cover letter
- Sealed, official nursing school transcripts that verify current enrollment in a BSN or higher nursing program
- Two sealed letters of recommendation from Nursing faculty instructors
- BLS/CPR certification card from the American Heart Association
An Interview Day will be scheduled for May 10, 2017, and will consist of a group interview with Nurse Recruitment and with the nursing unit. The interview will be scheduled to take place on May 10 from 9:30 a.m. -2:30 p.m.
The Student Nurse Assistant Program will start on June 19, 2017. . . . The required orientation if hired is Monday, June 19, through Tuesday, June 20 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Those candidates who are offered a position will be contacted by phone no later than one week prior to the start date.
SNAs are sometimes hired outside of this date if positions become available. Any available positions will be posted on our career website, and you may apply directly online.