Pediatric Nursing Certification Review Course
Presented by Nurse Builders
Sponsored by Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
Department of Clinical & Organizational Development
Review Course Dates
Thursday, September 8, 2016
& Friday, September 9, 2016
Day One, September 8
Registration: 7:30 - 8 a.m.
Course Instruction: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Day Two, September 9
Registration 9 - 9:30 a.m.
Course Instruction: 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
225 East Chicago Avenue
Conference Room 11-160
To allow nurses to prepare for and successfully obtain specialty certification in pediatric nursing.
At the completion of the Pediatric Nursing Certification (CPN & RN-BC) Review Course the participant will be able to:
- Identify resources for use in preparing for taking a pediatric nursing certification exam.
- Utilize strategies to promote pediatric nursing certification exam success.
- Verbalize increased confidence in ability to pass a pediatric nursing certification exam.
- Recall information that will enhance individual nursing practice.
Dr. Louise Jakubik will guide the participants through the pediatric nursing certification exam review and preparation process and will provide practical tips for studying and test taking success. This conference includes test-taking strategies for success and a thorough pediatric nursing content review. The course is based on the book, "Pediatric Nursing Certification Review, 2nd Edition", co-authored by Jakubik (2012) and the exam content outlines for CPN published by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) and the Pediatric Nurse Exam (RN-BC) publised by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Nurses working in the pediatric care setting preparing to take the Certified Pediatric Nurse examination and interested healthcare providers.
- Test taking
- Professional role
- Developmental care and anticipatory guidance
- Renal/genitourinary endocrinology
- Immunizations and infectious diseases
- Altered physiological functioning
- CV conditions
- Review course workbook
- 13.0 ANCC contact hours
- Additional review materials will be available for purchase through Nurse Builders
Requirements to Apply for the CPN Exam
- The nurse must hold a current, active, unrestricted, registered nurse (RN) license in the US at the time of application.
- Documentation of 1800 hours of pediatric clinical practice within the past 24 month period as an RN in a pediatric nursing specialty.
- This experience must have taken place in a US facility.
- Pediatric nursing experience includes direct patient care, teaching, administration, clinical research, or consultation in pediatric nursing.
You must register online for this event. Go to registration form.
For Further Information
Please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.