Prepare for Physical & Occupational Therapy
Thanks for choosing us for your child's healthcare needs. Let's work together to ensure your child receives the best possible care.
Before Your Visit
Need to cancel or reschedule? Please call us at least 24 hours in advance. It helps us, and it helps other families receive timely care. Our voicemail system is available 24 hours a day; it’s okay to leave a message.
Read over our information about insurance and therapy.
- To each visit, bring your physician’s written order for treatment and your insurance provider’s written referral
- For example, HMO referral authorization or pre-certification and your current insurance card
Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Have your child bring (or wear) a short sleeve shirt, shorts, gym shoes and any braces or equipment your child may use. To give your child the best possible treatment, we ask you to make alternative arrangements for siblings.
During Your Visit
Be prepared to spend up to one hour with us; the last 10 minutes are used to summarize your child’s plan of care for insurance purposes.
Tell us what you think; your clinician asks for your input to set treatment goals and when discussing your child’s initial evaluation. Know you are an important part of your child’s healthcare team. We ask parents to participate and observe, to best understand required home exercises, recommendations and goals of the therapy and to see overall progress.
After Your Visit
Your therapist and our staff will assist you with future appointments. Call us with any questions you may have.
- For the Outpatient Center in Lincoln Park, call 312.227.6240
- For all other locations, call 708.836.8000
You may receive a patient satisfaction survey in the mail. We encourage you to take the time to share your thoughts with us.
- Cheryl Patrick, Director, Occupational & Physical Therapy, 312.227.6986
- Kris Razma, Manager, Occupational Therapy, 312.227.6976
- Katie Rule, Manager, Physical Therapy, 312.227.6978
- Gloria Avila, Office Manager, Lincoln Park, 312.227.6241
- Robert Moreno, Clinic Office Coordinator, New Lenox, Northbrook, Westchester, Westbrook Towers, 708.836.8031