The Bridges Palliative Care Program assists families and their children who have complex or life-limiting medical conditions with pain and symptom management, care coordination, and help in making decisions about treatment options. Our mission is to provide support and improve quality of life for children and families faced with life-limiting medical conditions.
Our team offers unique expertise in addressing the issues of life-limiting illness in children. Our specialists include:
- Doctors who specialize in recommending medication or treatments to help relieve symptoms
- An advanced practice nurse (APN) with training in life-limiting illness, symptom management and coordinating complex care needs
- A social worker to counsel on family issues, hospital discharge planning and coordination of school and community resources
- A chaplain to offer spiritual and emotional support, counseling and coping strategies according to your faith
- A child life specialist to enhance coping skills and meet the developmental needs of your child and their siblings
- A pharmacist with in-depth knowledge about medications used to control symptoms
- Art and music therapists to help improve the emotional well-being of patients and families.
Learn more about the members of our team.
Caring for our patients and families means addressing more than immediate medical needs. We believe that comprehensive care includes addressing the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of the child and family. We will work with you to determine how we can create the fullest life possible for you and your child.
Make an Appointment
If you’d like to request an appointment with one of our specialists, call 1.800.543.7362 (1.800.KIDS DOC®). You can also request an appointment online.
Your support is important in helping us continue to make a difference in the lives of patients and families. Lurie Children’s relies on philanthropic funding to enhance its programs, services and research for children. To learn more, please contact the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 312.227.7500 or make a gift today.