Fellowships & Education
Our pediatric radiology fellowship program offers several one-year fellowship positions, approved and accredited by the ACGME. Fellows rotate through all pediatric radiology subspecialty areas in medical imaging, including:
- General radiology/fluoroscopy
- Cross-sectional body imaging including US, CT and MRI
- Nuclear medicine
- Interventional radiology
- Cardiac imaging
About the Fellowship
Each fellow will work with a mentor on a research project with the goal of producing a presentation at a peer-reviewed meeting or paper in a peer-reviewed publication.
An optional second year of specialized training with emphasis in pediatric neuroradiology, cardiac imaging or pediatric interventional radiology is also available to interested individuals after completion of the general pediatric radiology fellowship.
All imaging studies interpreted by the fellows are reviewed with one of the 20 subspecialty trained pediatric attending radiologists on staff, facilitating multiple, daily, one-on-one teaching sessions for the fellows. Additionally, fellows participate in:
- A daily radiology resident teaching conference
- Weekly fellows' conference
- Weekly CT/MR conference
- Weekly interdepartmental conferences with the departments of orthopaedics, general pediatric surgery and hematology/oncology
- Monthly Journal Club, Morbidity and Mortality, and Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition conferences
How to Apply
For application to our program, please submit our GME fellowship application form with your completed applications, personal statement and three reference letters to:
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
Department of Medical Imaging
225 East Chicago Ave., Box 9
Chicago, IL 60611
ATTN: Ellen C. Benya, MD, email@example.com
For more detailed information regarding training contract, salary and benefits, please refer to Northwestern University's Graduate Medical Education.