14th Annual Chicago Sonographer Update
Echocardiographic Assessment of Cardiomyopathies in Children with Optional Hands-on Scanning Workshop
An Educational Meeting Developed by Sonographers for Sonographers
Lurie Children’s Echocardiographic Assessment of Cardiomyopathies in Children with Optional Hands-on Scanning Workshop will focus on the diagnosis of cardiomyopathies and advanced function assessments utilizing echocardiography. This single-day workshop has been designed to combine lectures in echocardiography, multimodality imaging (MRI) and review clinical presentation and management of cardiomyopathies in children. Lurie Children’s pediatric cardiologists will lead the lectures with expertise in the diagnosis, management and treatment of cardiomyopathies.
The small-group, hands-on scanning sessions will be led by senior cardiac sonographers to reinforce the didactic lectures and increase the participant’s skill and confidence in scanning patients presenting with cardiomyopathy and/or need for advanced function assessment.
Interesting cases will be presented simultaneous to the hands-on scanning sessions, focusing on clinical presentation and emphasizing the importance of understanding each cardiomyopathy for accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
See this year's agenda.
This course is designed for cardiac sonographers, fellows in training, pediatric cardiologists and students embarking on a career in pediatric cardiac sonography. Participants should have a basic understanding of echocardiography.
This course will provide sonographers, physicians
and students a comprehensive assessment of
cardiomyopathies and understanding of how to
perform an advanced assessment of left ventricular
systolic function, which can be utilized in everyday
application. Upon conclusion of this course,
participants should have improved their knowledge
and skill in the use of echocardiographic imaging
in the setting of cardiomyopathy.
At the conclusion of this activity participants will be able to:
- Describe the recommendations for the echocardiographic evaluation of left ventricular function and apply them to their clinical practice
- Explain how strain imaging is used to assess cardiac function in various cardiomyopathies and other clinical pathologies
- Describe the American Society of Echocardiography’s recommendations for diastolic function assessment
- Review the role of echocardiography in discussed cardiomyopathies
- Define the limitations of echocardiography and state the need for multimodality imaging (MRI)
- Review the role of echocardiography in assessment of left ventricular assist device
- Define the role of newly learned imaging techniques in the assessment of ventricular dysfunction and state the need for multimodality imaging
Date, Time & Location
Saturday, April 8, 2017, 6 a.m. - 5 p.m.
11th Floor Conference Center
225 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Attendees will receive USB drives with pre-loaded lectures. An option to purchase a paper binder will be avaialble during online registration for a fee of $25.
- Lecture with Hands-on Scanning: $250 on or before 2/28/2017, $300 after
- Lecture Only: $200 on or before 2/28/2017, $250 after
- Lecture with Hands-on Scanning: $300 on or before 2/28/2017, $360 after
- Lecture Only: $240 on or before 2/28/2017, $300 after
Online registration for this course is now open, and will close on Friday, March 31, 2017. On-site registration for lectures only will be available for $300.
Parking is available in the Huron-Superior garage, located at 225 E. Huron, with entrances on both Huron and Superior Streets. Participants will receive a reduced rate parking ticket for $24 upon check-in.
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing. A $50 administrative fee will be retained. In order to refund the balance, a WRITTEN notice of withdrawal must be received by Friday, March 31, 2017. No refunds will be issued thereafter.
A limited number of rooms have been reserved at the Cambria Hotel, (formerly MileNorth Hotel), llocated at 166 E. Superior Street at a reduced rate of $159, plus tax. Rooms must be booked on or before March 23, 2017. Please follow this link in order to obtain the reduced rate.
Contact Jennifer Acevedo at 312.227.0390 or at firstname.lastname@example.org