Serious injury or illness can put a significant strain on any family even more so for families lack the needed financial resources. For patients and families who are in need of financial assistance, Lurie Children’s can help in the following ways:
- Assist in the completion of a public aid application (MANG) for inpatients
- Connect with various social services organizations, such as All Kids, health insurance for Illinois children that covers check-ups, medications, doctor visits and more.
- Refer to Division of Specialized Care for Children for patients with eligible diagnoses
- Initiate sliding scale arrangements and/or payment plans for deductibles, coinsurance and any other patient responsibility balances
- Offer financial assistance based on documented need
- Offer a discount to patients without insurance who meet certain criteria and provide help for uninsured patients facing a significant financial burden.
To apply for the hospital’s financial assistance program, families must cooperate in identifying, applying for and procuring all available payment resources. For more information, call 877.924.8200, or visit the Admitting Department in the main hospital.