Preparing for Your First Appointment
Before Your Visit
- To avoid any delays on the day of your visit, you must complete registration online or call 1.800.KIDS DOC (1.800.543.7362, option 4) at least 24 hours before your visit.
- If you are unable to complete your registration online prior to your appointment, please arrive with your child at least 15-30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Please arrive on time for your appointments. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, your appointment may have to be rescheduled.
- Plan to arrive with your child at least 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment time, allowing time for parking and getting to your appointment location. View our parking and locations page.
- If your appointment is downtown, use this interactive site to explore the hospital.
- Learn how Family Services can help you navigate your healthcare experience.
- Find suggestions on how to talk to children about medical treatment.
- Get tips from our Family Advisory Board on how to make the most of your appointment time.
- Any medication your child is taking, as well as the name and phone number of your pharmacy.
- Your child’s medical records, lab results, medical imaging CDs and any other physician notes.
- Any referrals your insurance requires for testing or before seeing a pediatric specialist.
- Your insurance card and co-payment, which is collected at appointment check-in.
During Your Visit
Your child's first visit includes a complete medical history, physical exam and any necessary testing that can be done that day; this means your child's visit may last up to three hours.
Because we are an academic medical center, your child's complete healthcare team may include a fellow, resident or medical student. Learn more about your care team.
After Your Visit
You may receive a patient satisfaction survey in the mail, we encourage you to complete it and tell us what you think.
For questions about your bill, review our common billing questions or call us at these direct phone numbers.
Read more about how to prepare for surgery, a medical imaging appointment or an outpatient lab appointment.