Circle of Friends
Fundraisers play an important role in philanthropy at Lurie Children's. We refer to the generous people who plan these fundraisers and events as our Circle of Friends. They support and build awareness about children's health issues. Your involvement and the collaboration of your Circle of Friends, will allow us to better serve kids and families.
Join the Circle
Planning a fundraiser should be fun! When you join the Circle, our staff is there to offer you support.
Follow these simple steps to get started:
We're here to help
Our staff is available to make sure that your fundraiser is a success. Here's what we can do for you:
- Provide a letter of authorization to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers
- Provide our tax ID number for donation purposes only
- Provide and approve use of our logo, when appropriate
- Help you select an area of the hospital for your donation to support
- Attend check presentations, when feasible
- Send you hospital-branded giveaways (e.g. balloons, stickers)
- Provide consultation on fundraisers and events (e.g. timeline, raffle items)
There are some things we can't provide:
- Our sales tax exemption number
- Insurance or liability coverage
- Mailing list of donors and/or vendors
- Lurie Children’s stationery
- Funding or reimbursement for your expenses
- Celebrities or professional athletes for your event
- Publicity (newspaper, radio, television, etc.)
- Guaranteed attendance of physicians or hospital staff
For more information, e-mail or call us at 312.227.7500
Do you work at a restaurant or bar and want to give back to Lurie Children's? Businesses of any size can demonstrate their support and establish a community partnership with us through the Lurie Children's Circle of Friends restaurant program. For more information, please contact our Circle of Friends staff.
Check out our Circle of Friends Facebook page.