The Division of Rheumatology at Lurie Children's provides state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment for children who have problems involving their musculoskeletal system. In addition to providing family education, identifying support services and coordinating with home health to facilitate treatment, members of the division are engaged in research that has fostered new approaches to both diagnosis and treatment of children with the following conditions:
Lurie Children’s Division of Rheumatology is well known for its significant research and academic contributions, with children throughout the nation and elsewhere being referred to our division for evaluation and care. Learn about our care >
Call 1.800.543.7362 (1.800.KIDS DOC) to make an appointment at any location.
You can also request an appointment online >
Before Your Visit
- Need to cancel or reschedule? Call us directly at 312.227.6270 at least 24 hours in advance.
It helps us, and it helps other families receive timely care
- Please plan to arrive at your appointment location on time. Unfortunately, families who
are late may face extended wait times, and in some instances, may be asked to
During Your Visit
- Your child may be examined by a physical and/or occupational therapist to evaluate
strength and movement. The therapist may also recommend exercises for your child to
do at home
- Your family may meet with a social worker to discuss topics including stress due to
illness at home, challenges in school, coping with medical treatment, referrals to
financial counselors and additional counseling
- Our rheumatology nurses help answer your questions, share information to help you
manage day-to-day challenges related to care, and provide treatment routines
Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to care for your child; we look forward
to meeting you.